What's Laser Hair Removal
On our article "How to Remove Pubic Hair at Home" has mention laser hair removal a great way to remove hair at home, so here we will introduce what's laser hair removal and how does laser hair removal work.
When summer comes, most ladies can wear short skirts and shorts go out or wear a swimsuit at the seaside. But at the same time, the hair on your body will be exposed, so you will feel very embarrassed; so ladies also spent much time to remove their hair, but it’s a chore that never goes away.
In fact, it is estimated that ladies spend an average of 72 days of their life shaving. That’s 2 months of our lives dedicated to what is also apparently our most hated beauty task! Even worse, over the course of our lives, it is estimated we spend $10,000 on shaving-related products!
But rest assured, there is a much better long-term, even permanent solution, and you can do it in your own home! The answer is laser hair removal.
Notice: If you want do a laser hair removal at home, you can try our at home laser hair removal.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair.
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.
Although laser hair removal effectively delays hair growth for long periods, it usually doesn't result in permanent hair removal. Multiple laser hair removal treatments are needed for initial hair removal, and maintenance treatments might be needed as well. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
How does laser hair removal work?
The primary principle behind laser hair removal is selective photothermolysis (SPTL), the matching of a specific wavelength of light and pulse duration to obtain optimal effect on a targeted tissue with minimal effect on surrounding tissue. Lasers can cause localized damage by selectively heating dark target matter, melanin, thereby heating up the basal stem cells in the follicle which causes hair growth, the follicle, while not heating the rest of the skin. Light is absorbed by dark objects but reflected by light objects and water, so laser energy can be absorbed by dark material in the hair or skin, with much more speed and intensity than just the skin without any dark adult hair or melanin. (Source from wiki)
Benefits of laser hair removal
- Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed. Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions.
- Permanent hair reduction. The biggest advantage of laser hair removal is that it offers permanent hair reduction over time. While multiple sessions are necessary for permanent hair removal, results are often visible in just one session. Most people require four to six sessions to achieve permanent results.
- Remove hair anywhere on the body. The laser hair removal device can cover large places fast such as legs, back, underarms, bikini line, stomach, face…There is no limit to the places you can get laser hair removal.
- Less pain level. Laser hair removal falls somewhere between shaving (painless) and waxing (holy hell that hurts). It also gets progressively less painful as treatments continue and the hair becomes finer. With the development of technology, there are some laser hair removal devices on the market that can be completely no-pain.
How often do I need to use the Laser hair remover?
We recommend using your handset once a week for the first 12 weeks. After this period use your handset once a month, for 3 months or until satisfied. To maintain hairless smooth skin, use your handset once every 2 to 3 months, or as needed.
How much is an IPL or laser hair remover?
Most of the Laser hair remover’s price is $200-$400, compared to going to a beauty salon, this price is very cheap. And there is a IPL Laser hair removal device at Lukelady which only need $99, you can check it by this link: https://www.lukelady.com/products/professional-permanent-ipl-laser-epilator